Sunday, September 18, 2011

A New Blog for A New Chapter

Since I moved to Australia, about 3 months ago, several people have told me I should have a blog to post about my adventures and misadventures. I tried to revive my old blog that was based on my Shecological business and my love of travel and textiles, but I found it pulling me back. This is the start of a new approach to recording and sharing my life. I hope to post at least once a week so that I am not backtracking.
I heard somewhere that the secret to good blogging is to remember that the blog is not for the writer but for the reader, but I can't bear the thought of approaching the computer screen psyching myself up to be clever and pithy so that some anonymous reader will find it engaging. I will just write as if I am talking to my friends and family (because that is primarily who I expect will be reading it) and I hope that they will find my honest, natural approach clever and charming.
I plan to write about the areas of my life that are interesting to me and that I want to focus on:
1. Exploring and appreciating this new part of the world
2. My social/human/friend contacts
3. Physical activities - swimming, biking, zumba, etc.
4. Textile arts/ Art.

Stay Tuned...

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to your new chapter of blogging and welcome to Australia. It was a pleasure to have met you in person and now reading your new blog. On my next post I will introduce your blog to my readers - Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila, I am Nat's friend and I would like to express my wishes for your new life and new blog. I like your header and also your program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notjustnat sent me over to meet cha.
    Good luck with your newest blog and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aracne and Gerry! Thanks so much for your welcoming comments. It is nice to meet you and hope you will enjoy my future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Sheila,

    Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    We lived in Phoenix for several years, then moved to Strawberry [seventeen miles north of Payson]
    for the last year were lived in AZ. How did you land up in such a faraway place?

    Have been to Flagstaff many times, And some of those visits I thought it to be the very coldest place on earth ! ! !

    I think I'm really going to wear that shawlette many times very soon. It's easy to knit and goes pretty fast.

    I'm looking forward to many posts from your blog, Sheila.

    hugs
    Gerry

    I attempted to email this to you via the 'reply' button, but sadly found that you are a "no-reply-commenter" and this is the only means to replying to your email.

    ReplyDelete