Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crafty Week-end Part 2








I had so much to cover yesterday that I didn't really get a chance to give it much personal flavor. I was so happy and inspired by all the positive, creative energy at the two craft markets, and I did buy a few things. I got a couple of Christmas gifts and a few things for myself and the house. It felt good to support handmade, artisan, small businesses.

We ended the day on Sunday by decorating our little fake tree. It was interesting to go through the box that we shipped here and see what ornaments and decorations we still felt attached to. It does feel weird to have all these wintery things surrounding us as we are coming on to Summer. However, even though the girls are getting older, I still think it is important to keep the traditions going.

The photos are of the tree before and after it was decorated, Mira modeling one of the head pieces she made to go with the flapper/fairy costumes that she made for Valerie's class, the girls after decorating the tree, a christmas linen that I got made by Maya Muse Textiles, a kookaburra brooch made of wood and vintage wallpaper by Delilah devine, and an over view of the Eveleigh craft market on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like fun! I decorate my house as well even when the children are no longer living at home. You will get use to summer Christmas after a few years - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nat, I am starting to get the idea that Christmas is about parties here. Speaking of which, I hope Kit had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did, thank you! Hee hee. Mira looks beautiful! And your tree looks fabulous! Would love to catch up with you over the Christmas season as I'm staying in Sydney. x

    ReplyDelete